The cherubim and the garden gate (White, Patriarchs and prophets, c. 1890)
Text: "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Genesis 3:24 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. ... I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." John 10:7,9 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;" Hebrews 10:19,20 "And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel." Exodus 25:22
Quote:
[...] At the cherubim-guarded gate of Paradise the divine glory was revealed. [...]
White, Ellen Gould Harmon, Patriarchs and prophets; or, The great conflict between good and evil, as illustrated in the lives of holy men of old, Toronto, Ont.: Review and Herald Publishing Co., c. 1890, p. 62.
[...] At the cherubim-guarded gate of Paradise the glory of God was revealed, and hither came the first worshipers. [...]
Online Source: archive.org/details/patriarchsprophe00whituoft
Book Images:









Comments
Post a Comment