Lucifer, light-bearer of Theosophy (Blavatsky, The secret doctrine, 3rd ... ed., 1893, Reprinted 1902, ... 1921, vol. 2)

Text: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." Isaiah 14:12-15

Quote:

[...] In this case it is but natural---even from the dead-letter standpoint---to view Satan, the Serpent of Genesis, as the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind. For it is he who was the "Harbinger of Light," bright radiant Lucifer, who opened the eyes of the automaton "created" by Jehovah, as alleged. And he who was the first to whisper, "in the day ye eat thereof ye shall be as Elohim, knowing good and evil," can only be regarded in the light of a Saviour. [...]

Blavatsky, Helena Petrovna, The secret doctrine: the synthesis of science, religion, and philosophy, 3rd & rev. ed., London: The Theosophical Publishing House, 1893, Reprinted 1902, 1905,1908, 1911, 1913,1918,1921, vol. 2. - Anthropogenesis, p. 254.

   And now it stands proven that Satan, or the Red Fiery Dragon, the "Lord of Phôsphorus"---brimstone was a Theological improvement---and Lucifer, or "Light-Bearer," is in us: it is our Mind, our Tempter and Redeemer, our intelligent Liberator and Saviour from pure animalism. [...]

"", p. 540.

Online Source: archive.org/details/secretdoctrinesy02blav

Book Images:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The open or incomplete pentagram (Goethe; Taylor, tr., Faust: a Tragedy, 1889)

Jesuit's Oath (Dowling, The history of Romanism, 1845)

Reverend no. 27's story (Crowley, Romanism a menace to the nation, 50th thousand,1912)