A woman... the church
Study:
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." Ephesians 5:31,32
"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you [the church] to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your [the church's] minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:2,3
"Plead with your mother [Israelite nation/people], plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: ... and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt." Hosea 2:2,15
So, indeed the church/God's people are symbolized by a woman!
Note: there are of course other verses but these are my favorites!
Comments
Post a Comment